Clewiston Parks and Recreation
Clewiston is a charming and naturally beautiful town known as the Gateway to Lake Okeechobee on the lakes southern shore. Visitors enjoy the temperate climate and outstanding freshwater fishing in the lake for bream, black bass and crappie. The town also offers numerous parks and recreational facilities, from children’s parks to water parks, tennis courts, a boat launch and a municipal swimming pool.
- Civic Park: Located in the heart of Clewiston, Civic Park features over four acres of lushly landscaped grounds with walkways, a playground and a picnic area. The park is the site of events including Concerts in the Park and the Sugar Festival of Arts & Crafts. A charming white gazebo is a romantic spot for weddings.
- Tennis Courts: These well-maintained night lit courts are usually available and offer bleachers for those who prefer to watch. Courts are located just across from the Clewiston Inn.
- Water Spray Park: This free year-around water playground is designed for children under 12. The water park offers large sprinklers, water slides and climbing equipment. There is an adjacent public pool, benches and covered picnic tables for the enjoyment of the whole family.
- Levee Park: Boat launches, gangplanks and floating docks are the highlight of Levee Park. Here you will find picnic tables, paved and curbed parking spaces and public rest rooms. There is also an information kiosk onsite.
- Trinidad Park: This is a newer park with a soccer field, a basketball court, a baseball backstop and dugouts, and playground equipment suitable for toddlers to older children. The concrete walking path features exercise equipment and provides a venue for biking and skating.
- Sugarland Park: This is a softball, baseball, racquetball and soccer facility manicured according to professional standards. There are also basketball courts, shuffleboard courts and a tot lot. Rest rooms are available.
- Candy Cane Park: Candy Cane Park is a fenced-in park with playground equipment surrounded by trees and benches. There is a basketball court, and water is available for your convenience.